Toilet Tank Ball 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Americanbobstandard

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have an older American standard toilet and I use this style tank ball and it does not seal all the way. Which tank ball should I use?

Thank you,
Bob
DSCN9593.JPG

Reach4

Reaction score
Unless you have some antique/collector value to the toilet, consider a new toilet.

But in answer to your question, https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-Universal-Self-Aligning-Tank-Ball-88762/204485141 seems to have fans and is a slight premium.

Consider wiping the seat with a rough cloth to see if there are any deposits that cause leaking.

Cheaper:

Americanbobstandard

Reaction score
I wound up using some light sandpaper and I sanded down the brass seat a little bit and it seemed to help a bunch. I was wonder if the cheaper tank ball style was any better than the style that had the pointy end. Thank you for response

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks