Toilet handle for Toto Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

Watson524

Reaction score
We're remodeling a powder room and going from a pedestal sink to a vanity with top mount vessel sink and single hand "pump" style faucet all in oil rubbed bronze. I didn't have plans to change the toiler since there's nothing wrong with it and I bought a Moen toilet handle (http://www.moen.com/banbury/mediterranean-bronze-tank-lever/_/R-CONSUMER:Y2601BRB) that says it can be used for side/front/angled installation.

Thinking about upgrading toilet to a Total Drake Comfort Height which is what my mom has at her house. Love the flush on them (she has the 1.6 model) and the higher height would be easier for her when she visits. I took the handle we have and went to look at her toilet. Looks like no dice. Even tho it claims it can be used on a side mount, I don't think the arm is long enough to not have the chain at a wicked angle.

Do Toto's have their own toilet handles that have a longer arm? I saw some but they are rather plain and I'd really prefer something like what I already bought. Are there perhaps extension arms or something?

thanks!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Have a look at the Mountain Plumbing MT968, which comes in Oil Rubbed Bronze (and a bunch of other colors). MT968/ORB. It's meant to replace the THU068, which is the Toto part number, which also comes in a number of colors, if not different shapes. Toto does make, albeit not in volume, a THU068RB in oil rubbed bronze. It's available from a couple of the reputable suppliers at significant discounts off its $130 list price.

One other thought: the Original Drake (NOT the Drake II), now comes with the option of a different tank (but only in 1.28, which works basically as well as the 1.6). It's the model number you would usually use, with an "N" at the end. So...for the CST744EL (1.28 comfort height toilet), it would be CST744ELN. Look up a picture of it online. It has a different trip lever, in a different position, than does the regular Original Drake.

This new tank would have exactly the same flushing performance as the old tank; it's just a different shape, but has the same guts. The bowl, of course, is what has the trapway in it and all the other things that make the Toto flush so reliable.

Last edited:

Watson524

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It's the shape of the lever that really is what's the hang up for me (is that weird??? I like the "rustic" look of the Moen one). I looked up that other Drake, the Drake Transitional and it looks like that handle points down and I assume you push it back. Slightly better look but still not what I was hoping for... Who gets hung up on a toilet handle?? Oy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks