Toilet Footprint Info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Firemark

Reaction score
I just installed two ADA Elongated Dalton toilets in a rental unit where the job was a bit bigger than expected.

The flooring in both bathrooms was standard vinyl tile and whoever tiled the bathrooms before did not pull the toilet first and just cut the tiles around the existing fixtures. The new Dalton's have a narrower footprint than the old 5gpf Gerbers that were replaced. So the job to replace some toilets turned into replacing the flooring as well.

So, the next time I have to do this I was wondering if there's any information on the footprint size of new Toto toilets? The spec drawings just mention clearances and total length.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Toilet spec sheets give some info about footprint, but not a complete diagram. You need to expect that the footprint of a new toilet will NEVER match the footprint of the old one. You can try to find a model with slightly wider, or slightly longer....but then there is the shape of the front. Some are squarish, and some more "pointed", so you seem to always end up with an uncovered area of the vinyl somewhere!. You can deal with that by filling the area with grout of an appropriate color, you can use one of those god-awful-ugly plastic floor shoes, or just bite the bullet and redo the floor.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake footprint is a little longer, I don't think wider though.

Some of the more traditional bowls from Toto have wider footprints, things like the Clayton, Soiree and Guinevere.
Foot print is something I consider for replacement bowls, when someone is installing an Aquia, it's better if the flooring is pretty recent or in good shape below, the footprint is rather small.
The Gerber Ultraflush has a tiny foot print too.
The Drake and the Ultramax do a pretty good job of covering most old footprints, though sometimes replacing the bowls with the square fronts can poke out just a bit near the front.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks