Toilet drain rough in question

Users who are viewing this thread

Bathtoast

Reaction score
Hi folks, I’m doing a bathroom remodel and looking to shift the toilet drain about an inch and a half or two to the left. Is there any concerns if I angle the 90 fitting and then use a street 22? Mostly wondering about the drop since it’s no longer straight down

D164B1C0-0BC0-4BE6-A418-1D7AC1B5108D.jpeg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
It is much easier to lay out a drain as straight down.
I would redo everything to accommodate the desired location.
An offset as you describe will still work.

Reach4

Reaction score
As Breplum says, using the 22.5 fittings would be hard with glued joints. Gotta get it right the first time.

If you have enough vertical distance, you could maybe use an offset closet flange. That gets you 1.5 inches in whatever direction you want. The Oatey and Sioux Chief units are good, and not likely to clog.
oatey-toilet-flanges-436062-64_100.jpg

If you had a 4x3 closet bend, you could even use a 4-inch PushTite offset closet flange. But I suspect the available vertical would again prevent that from working for you.

889-gpom-2.jpg
889-gaom-2.jpg
Because you are not gluing these, you could use either the black or white one.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks