This is fixed - I saw a little spark twice today in this junction box

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
I have replaced this junction box like couple of weeks ago - still did not put the cover plate yet
so today I saw little sparks twice inside this junction box

What could be the reason and solution?

As you can see in the pic - I have put IDEAL push in connectors to extend and connect wires.

I have used the same connector to extend wire - can that cause this spark?

I should rather use inline connector to extend wires?

I have to replace 2 of the connectors which are sparking -
please suggest which of the following I should buy

or

20231217_105450_mfnr.jpg

Last edited:

bingow

Reaction score

OK got the pic. DIYer here; not familiar with NEC push-in vs wire nuts. Have you isolated the connection that sparks? What's plugged into the receptical?

Last edited:

Curiousv

Reaction score

OK got the pic. DIYer here; not familiar with NEC push-in vs wire nuts. Have you isolated the connection that sparks? What's plugged into the receptical?

Yes now I have isolated the - 2 of them are sparking - but only if I use top plug in - in the bottom plug in(what you see in pic partially) - refrigerator is connected

Curiousv

Reaction score
Push to connect for electric no way, easy yes. A screwed connection is the second best solder is number one.
I agree but in this jn box - at least one cable is cut short (long story) so to extend this - wire nut is not possible ...I have to use at least one inline connector - to extend this - other connectors I can replace with wire nuts

so I have asked more info as to which of the inline connectors I should choose IDEAL or WAGO?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks