Symmons Temptrol Shower Too Cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Popa_Omero

Reaction score
My wife complains that the water in our shower is too cool. About a year ago I replaced the valve in this unit though I was unable to replace the valve seats as they were frozen and the loosening notches completely stripped out when I attempted to replace them.

When I reassembled the unit I found that the temperature adjusting ring is maxed out - that is the set screw that controls how far this piece threads in, and how hot the water gets, is backed out all the way. This set screw is the only adjustment I have been able to find for this valve.

What do I have to do to increase the water temperature in the shower?

Reach4

Reaction score
Check that the water being supplied to the control is hot enough. There may be a mixing valve that limits the temperature. If that is not the problem, call Symmons. https://www.symmons.com/customer-service/warranty/ They may send a new spindle, or you may be able to get it locally cheap enough. It may be part TA-25B-RP.

Popa_Omero

Reaction score
I checked the water temperature at the sink right next to the shower - 120F. The temperature at the shower (running from the tub faucet) is 94F. I checked the adjustment screw and ring. I was able to take up, perhaps, 1/8 turn on the adjustment ring but this did not change the temperature of the water. I'm pretty sure the spindle is OK. I replaced it when I did the earlier repair and it switches between shower and tub OK.

Last edited:

Rupert

Reaction score
I checked the water temperature at the sink right next to the shower - 120F. The temperature at the shower (running from the tub faucet) is 94F. I checked the adjustment screw and ring. I was able to take up, perhaps, 1/8 turn on the adjustment ring but this did not change the temperature of the water. I'm pretty sure the spindle is OK. I replaced it when I did the earlier repair and it switches between shower and tub OK.
did you ever find out what the problem was? thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks