Sticking faucet and faucet handle to counter

Users who are viewing this thread

kingoflondon

Reaction score
Hi!

So I have an issue with the faucet and faucet handle in the kitchen of my new home.

Basically, the counter used to have a vent line for the dishwasher. When a more modern dishwasher was put in that didn't have a need for this, they just left an open hole in the counter. As a result, over time water got under the sink and rotted away the wood under the counter. The faucet and faucet handle are now very loose on the counter top, and it is not possible to re-tighten them to the counter due the the uneven wood.

I know that in a perfect world, the right thing to do would be to replace the wood or perhaps cut all the wood away and just attach the faucet to the granite. However, there are a million things I need to do to this house and I don't have the patience to do this myself right now or the funds to get someone in to do it! The space is really tight behind the sink.

So what I am looking for is a temporary solution where I would stick the faucet to the counter somehow. Would anyone have a recommendation as to the right product to use in order to achieve my temporary goals here?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
https://terrylove.com/forums/index....ens-over-time-set-on-a-granite-counter.64892/

drill-counter-1.jpg

They often will install wood under a granite countertop, and then the wood compresses and the faucet spins in the hole.

drill-counter-2.jpg

Using a hole saw you can cut out the wood at the faucet location.

drill-counter-4.jpg

I used some thin plywood screwed to the underside to give my pilot on the drill a location while I was drilling. It does a number on the bit as it grinds into the stone, so that's kind of a one use thing, and wear eye protection. Lot's of stuff falling down onto your face and hair.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks