Replacing kitchen kitchen double-sink and faucet with single. Any special considerations in this scenario?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave88LX

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be needing a 33" x 22" sink. The current sink depth is 8".
The island/cabinets/counters/sink/faucet are all builder-grade garbage.
I need to replace the broken faucet, and want to at least upgrade the sink now while I'm doing that into something more useable.
I have a garbage disposal under the left sink.

I can get a new sink with left, center, rear-center, or right side drains.
Based on my setup, are there special considerations I should consider when choosing one?

Once I know where I should have the drain located, I can start narrowing down my sink options.

Thanks so much!

20231001_214721-jpg.761396

20231001_214732-jpg.761394

20231001_220410-jpg.761395

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
A right center drain will give more wiggle. Current setup you only have about 2" to play with in height. Using a shallow drain baskets can help a bit. Center drain looks like it can also work. If you are to install a garbage disposal, highly recommend Insinkerator Evolution Series.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks