Starck 3 Washlet Failed, what are my options?

Users who are viewing this thread

smoghat

Reaction score
My five year old Duravit Starck 3 washlet failed. I get a blinking red light and a weird little rhythm. The seat is not warm, the remote doesn't operate the washlet even after a change of batteries. All is bad. I've read reviews that suggest: 1) that these are not repairable 2) that such breakage is common and 3) that Duravit customer service is nonexistent or worse. This makes me think that I'm going to have to switch over to a Toto washlet since friends who are architects have had theirs for 16 years without any issues.

I don't think the Toto washlets will fit on the Starck 3 and I'm unwilling to give Duravit any more money so that would mean I'm going to have buy a new toilet and washlet, like the Toto AQUIA® IV. That would cost me about double the cost of a replacement Starck 3, but I don't feel confident about Duravit anymore.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Funny and weird.. I just set a temporary elongated Porcher seat on a duravit toilet the other day.. just a tad bit off but pretty close. The porcher seat had widely adjustable hinges is why I used it.

I know for a fact that Toto Washlets are repairable.. The washlets get sent to a repair facility while neorests are repaired in home.

Kohler will send you a temporary basic bidet seat while they work on yours that you ship to them. Not sure if Toto sends a temporary bidet seat or not.. I should ask them.

We have both Toto Neorest and Washlet in our office and at home.

Duravit.jpg

smoghat

Reaction score
According to the Toto fit instructions, it wouldn’t be possible to put their washlet on a Duravit Starck toilet. So many negative reviews of Duravit out there, I gave in and bought a Toto Aquia IV and S500e washlet, giving the old toilet to my carpenter. The Toto is superior in every way. It looks better, it cleans better, it dries better (I wouldn’t even bother with that on the Duravit) it self-cleans, and I don’t have to push a button to raise and lower the lid or the seat (!). The only down side, I guess, is that the opening seems a little small.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good to hear. You will like the toto washlet. Been using one at work that got me hooked. Now I've been installing them like crazy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks