help me finish my new bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

marshal

Reaction score
hoping for any advice on potential gotchas in my finishing punch list.
I remodeled this whole bathroom over the past 14 months with only subbing out the rough plumbing and electrical.
feels so good to be this close to the finish line. i would've gladly paid my plumbing sub to do this, but he only does rough for new construction and remodels with zero interest in the finishing.

here's the punch list:

1. Toto aquia IV with washlet
-flange has been dialed in with the oatey kit to bring it 1/4" above finished floor
-wax or waxless ring for the unifit? ditra heat in the floor with porcelain tile seems like wax should be fine and in floor heat is not really a concern

-i'm privy to the structural caulk advice and am going with the polyseamseal tub and tile. will shim as well.

2. hansgrohe his and hers showers with rain head and handshowers. ibox valve
-dutifully follow the Hansgrohe instructions?
-tape only? I get to 4 full turns with tape only currently on the rainhead arms

3. jaclo supply with stop for the toilet
-seems like a simple sweat fit?

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I never do sweat angle stops. Compression is fine on copper when not overtightened.
That is no "plumber" who doesn't do trim...and I am a primadona. Find a one person local licensed pro. Your partner will kill you if your angle stop blows off. Though, to be honest, it isn't that hard...but watch some instructional stuff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks