Sprinkler Well Pump - Constant Leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Pete5

Reaction score
Hello,

I just moved into my new house and started using my sprinkler system (connected to well water) a few weeks ago. Shortly after using it a few times, I noticed leaks coming from the pipes connected to the well pump. The pump is a STA-Rite 1.5 HP 115/230V(DS2HF-192PL) and is running on 220V. I went through and tightened all clamps and have noticed after I tighten one area, another area begins to leak. At this point, I'm unable to tighten anymore and have begun to think that there might just be too much pressure coming out of the pump that's causing these leaks. I was thinking that I might need to purchase a smaller pump (1 hp) but my neighbor also has a 1.5hp pump and he doesn't have any leak issues. I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this or has any tips for me?

Pete5

Reaction score
IMG_2222 (1).jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
That pump will not make enough pressure to cause leaks in a half-decent joint. Your joints should have no problem dealing with 160 psi, and you probably don't have near half of that.

If you make any changes, consider adding a pressure gauge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks