Solid 3/8 riser installation from stop valve to faucet - tight bend

Users who are viewing this thread

Mturse

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,
I have a new vanity and faucet I am installing.....and am using solid 3/8 supply risers. The faucet connection and stop valve are about 5 inches apart with a approx 2 inch offset so I cannot get an adequate bend on the supply rider tube. I wish I installed the stop valves facing down or out to the side but I didn't. I wanted to ask the following:
1. Can I loosen the compression stop valve and spin it to face down after its already been installed or am I asking for trouble?
2. Should i just use an extra long riser and run it below the stop , loop it back up above the stop and into the stop valve
I do not want to use braided hoses .... I don't trust them long term.
As always appreciate the help.
Mike T.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A compression stop can be loosened, spun and then retightened.
Water off of course while doing this.

loreso-tube-bender.jpg

You could also use a tube bender.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like bending tube its a superior connection and more long term supply tube. With a tube bender you should be able to make almost anything work, but yes you can turn the stops down, that will make an easy hook up. I like to bend a 90 and then 180 back on top of itself then 90 back up sometimes this makes a tube you can squeeze into place pretty easy. Yours might just get a couple 45 bends, but it could be difficult to get that into place.

Mturse

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!!! This site helped me many times. I think it's time to invest in a tubing bender.....but I'm glad I can rotate the stops! Will make it easier

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Depending on the radii you need, if its not too severe, you can also buy a Spring Bender

They're fairly inexpensive and pretty good. They don't leave tool marks and can start the bend closer to the Bullet end of the tube unlike the hard tool.

I use both when I need for whichever is best for the job.

The method I use is to loosely install the riser onto the faucet end. From there I can measure the offset distance from my supply to the angle stop. I use center to center measurements. Then you need to know how much distance you need from the stop valve to the faucet hookup. I set up a grid and draw my start and finish points to gauge the angle I need to get from A to B.

spring-bender-61600.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks