Clawfoot Tub - need a hot bath!!

Users who are viewing this thread

HappyValley

Reaction score
One of the double off-set supply lines on my clawfoot tripped me in the middle of the night and broke. The hot water line; almost scalded myself turning it off.

After staring at it for a while decided it was time to fix it. All it took was a tape measure to realize this isn’t a quick fix. The faucet is mounted on the tub 3” 3/8 – rough in plumbing on the floor 6” on center.

I don’t know how it was originally installed…wiggle – giggle – no tile – play in subfloor – can’t worry about that today.

I’m looking for a QUICK FIX so I can use the tub in the winter. Then deal with the chrome supply lines in the warm weather.

MY PLAN - ordered a braided stainless-steel hoses ¾” fit faucet perfect – ½” could not get it connected to the “straight stand up shut off valve”. Treads were close but would not reach the valve.

JUST FOUND THIS –

(Note: outlet threads not standard S.J. threads. Must use with solid tub supply tubes, not with stainless steel flexes)

Ok – that explains my problem, but not installing new valve…

I need something that I can put directly into the shut off valve sealing it so I can attach the ½” hose to it. (leak free)

I can’t find anything straight; only elbows or pieces that have a bend.

Before I schlep to the plumbing supply store and tell this story again…

Does something like this exist and am I on the “quick fix” right track.

Appreciate any help that can get me in my tub!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks