Soft water not slippery

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Martinez

Reaction score
First post...

I just replaced a 11y/o Kenmore 350 softner that was producing low water pressure due to bad resin. I just bought a similar Kenmore model and installed it on Tuesday. I immediately noticed my water pressure back to normal but the water doesn't have that slippery feel to it. I did a water test and the hardness is 0-2. I also ran the hot and cold water for 30 minutes. It's day 2 and still don't have that slippery feel. Is it possible to have soft water without the feel or should I just be patient and wait? I had it with my old softener.

Any help or knowledge is appreciated

Last edited:

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I had a customer tell the same thing after moving her unit from one house to another. The water was soft but not slippery. What kind of test kit showed your hardness at 0-2? Is that 0-2 GPG or PPM?

Mark Martinez

Reaction score
I had a customer tell the same thing after moving her unit from one house to another. The water was soft but not slippery. What kind of test kit showed your hardness at 0-2? Is that 0-2 GPG or PPM?[/QUOTE

I used a $10 kit from Menards (Filtermate). It read 0-2 GPG. From the municipal water quality report it says it's 12.9 GPG and 221 mg/l.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-17-16-39-24.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-17-16-39-24.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 355

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
First post...

I just replaced a 11y/o Kenmore 350 softner that was producing low water pressure due to bad resin. I just bought a similar Kenmore model and installed it on Tuesday. I immediately noticed my water pressure back to normal but the water doesn't have that slippery feel to it. I did a water test and the hardness is 0-2. I also ran the hot and cold water for 30 minutes. It's day 2 and still don't have that slippery feel. Is it possible to have soft water without the feel or should I just be patient and wait? I had it with my old softener.

Any help or knowledge is appreciated

You should give it time to work.

And do a manual rejuvenation, Instead of wasting water to make the timer trip.

If you like slippery, some soaps slip better than others. Look for the soap on a rope.

Good Luck, With your new junk.

Sorry I just had to.

Mark Martinez

Reaction score
You should give it time to work.

And do a manual rejuvenation, Instead of wasting water to make the timer trip.

If you like slippery, some soaps slip better than others. Look for the soap on a rope.

Good Luck, With your new junk.

Sorry I just had to.

Thanks, I never thought of that...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks