Single Basin Sink Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

10%Joe

Reaction score
I have a new single basin sink and found that some people were recommending that the dishwasher waste not route through the disposal to avoid corrosion issues. I'm having trouble finding an example online showing this alternate routing. Would it be okay to add a appliance Y to the disposal outlet, before the trap, as shown in the photo?

Attachments

• IMG-20240110-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20240110-WA0023.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 27

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
In UPC jurisdictions, a dishwasher air gap is required for sanitation/public safety. Others allow for the DW hose to be routed high in the cabinet and use the branch as illustrated. Also to note, you should always angle stop that has separate handles for each fixture, not an add-a-tee like you show.
the bend supports that you used are crazy for inside a cabinet. in the way of everything and too far out.

10%Joe

Reaction score
Appreciate the response. Should I be concerned that the dishwasher waste is tying in after the sink waste? The disposal knock out for the dishwasher is above the waste. Im curious if there are any negative affects I should be aware of when moving it down?

Ill make the adjustments to the supply lines and add in another shut off for the dishwasher.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks