Shower valve making squealing/whistling sound when hot water is being used

Users who are viewing this thread

ttav9216

Reaction score
I have a shower only and the shower valve would be making squealing/whistling sound when I turn the handle to hot (occurs after around 5 minutes of using). Not really sure what's going on. I have attached a video link to imgur for a better hearing of the sound. Could it be due to the cartridge being bad? I have a water softener and a tankless water heater at home. Everything in the house is less than two years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Turn off water , remove cartridge, hold something in front of valve to direct water down or a bucket, Have helper turn on water have phone or be withen yelling distance, open water lettr rip , tur n water off thourghly inspect or clean cartridge , (or replace if you have an extra or an extra 50 bucks ) reinstall and test again lastly return with results to discus next steps

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks