Shower plumbing remodel help

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pay

I am not sure where they got their pay scale chart from, but I cannot remember how long it has been since I made $30.00 an hour, but it must have been in the 60's. What the plumber gets PAID, and what the company CHARGES for him, are two completely different things. I told a customer last Friday that I would not even start my truck for $75.00 an hour.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
you need to move the water supply, valve and head from one wall in a shower to the wall next to it.you can hire plumber of boise. they having good skills and know there work very well. you can hire and get services by paying them . if you can handle this by your self then it is too good

aalina, why do you keep answering years old questions? What's a plumber of boise? You meant maybe BOSCES training?

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The price seems reasonable compared to what I have paid for plumbing in the past on the East Coast: $2000 to replace a shower valve and tub drain.

I would not do this as a first DIY plumbing project, but if it can wait then I would attempt to "build up" to doing it myself. First, get some scrap pieces of pipe and learn how to solder. Then do some other small plumbing projects around the house to get some experience and confidence before taking this on. For example, get some practical experience with using teflon tape and pipe dope which you may need for installing the shower head. Or change a toilet.

Along the way you may want to find out if you can isolate the supply or not. This may mean turning off the water to your house completely. Any problems with this and I would definitely recommend you call a plumber. Most of my early DIY attempts were thwarted by having an old shut-off main valve to the house that did not turn off properly. I got a plumber to replace this before I did anything serious myself.

Being able to shut off your water effectively is your insurance should anything go wrong and will buy you time to call a plumber to come out and fix your mistakes.

I am also assuming by "full access" you mean no walls or tiles are in the way of what you are trying to do.

Aha, I knew you could not always have been so condescending! There was a time when you actually tried to give good advice instead of trying to re-invent the US:rolleyes:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks