Shower pan leak, temp fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Frog2000

Reaction score
I've recently noticed some signs of moisture on the foundation of the house under the walk-in shower area. This has probably been going on for the last year or so and almost every time I look at the foundation, from outside the house, I see it darker then the rest of the foundation. I assume this is coming from the shower and I have made previous repairs to the shower because they used drywall as a backing on the step (not directly related, but I question the quality now).

I intend to remodel the bathroom at some point in the next year or two but I'm worried I'll run into problems earlier it I don't take care of this now. My question, can I just leave it until I get to the remodel or do I need to fix it now? If I need to fix it can I just run some silicone as a temp fix on the cracks and hope for the best?

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks