Shower faucet - But need a line for tub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Fenger

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been on this forum often during my bathroom renovation, but sorry to be the guy who finally signs up to the forum because he has a question...but I can't find answer to my current dilemma and would very grateful for the help!

I recently purchased a shower faucet that came with the handle and rough in valve. However, it is a shower/bath combo and I failed to notice that the valve only has 3 lines. The one I purchased is similar to this one (it's basically the same but they stopped selling the one I got): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BP4FJ5M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is there an appropriate method to ADD a way for water to be sent to the tub faucet or do I need to get a new rough in with 4 lines? Also, am I correct in assuming that the rough in pictured on the amazon listing is custom and I can't just add this shower handle to a different rough in valve in which case I'd just need to return that one and purchase something else?

Thank you all in advance for your input.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I doubt you can use that for a tub.
Looks like a lot of fake reviews for it though. Where will you get parts later when you need them?
ABS for the shower head? Really?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have used Moen, Delta, Kohler and HansGrohe valves with good success. You can always get parts for them.
You will need a four port valve.

Fenger

Reaction score
okay thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead and see if I can return that one then and just shop within the brands you listed. I appreciate it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks