Shower accessorie help - first time DIY'er!

Users who are viewing this thread

Kate Dempsey

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have just made an account. Hopefully I do this right.

I am renting a room with a private bathroom within a bigger house. My bathroom has a bath/shower combo, with the water tank on the same floor. It is not an electric shower, it is heated by imersion.

The water comes out of the shower as a dribble and the head is also exposed. I don't know what kind of shower head to buy, or how to fix the water pressure.

Down at the bath taps there is the classic 'left/right' lever (pull to have water come out of either the shower or into the bath from the taps). This is EXTREMELY stiff and only wiggles back and forth a couple of inches - could this be impacting the water pressure? I presume it is the exposure to water making it so stiff but I don't know how to fix that, since the water has to fall on it for me to have a shower.

Attachments

• 103864717_931440767285355_5365742972046981850_n.jpg
    103864717_931440767285355_5365742972046981850_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 127

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a volume issue and yes, it could be the valve not opening enough. FWIW, the pressure coming out is 'normal' but for a shower head to work well, it needs to have more volume than it can let out so that what does is pushed rather than dribble out sort of like a soaker hose or a rain head shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks