Sand Point Irrigation

Users who are viewing this thread

Captainron

Reaction score
I installed a sand point last year and ran irrigation for my lawn and there wasn't any issues last year. I was getting around 9 - 10 GPM. This year however my pump pressure drops to 15 to 20 while running the irrigation which affects the sprinkler heads from covering the area. I haven't looked at the water level yet but do you think it could be the sand point has restricted flow or is dirty? Would that affect the pressure to drop if it wasn't pulling enough water fast enough? Would putting a smaller nozzle on the sprinkler head increase the pressure so the area is covered completely?

Reach4

Reaction score
Could be one of the things you are thinking, but if this a jet pump, the jet (nozzle) could be clogged.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Restricting water flow to increase pressure will give you less water. Won't help the pump if it is starved of water. I agree with Reach if it is a jet pump. Is the pump in the basement to prevent freezing?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Tell us more about your irrigation system. Does it have multiple zones? Are all zones affected?

Perhaps you have an underground leak that is robbing GPM, reducing the pressure. Did you test how many GPM you are getting now?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks