Rohl A3479 kitchen single faucet cartridge clean

Users who are viewing this thread

Onyaw

Reaction score
Dear experts,

Our Rohl A3479 country kitchen single faucet lever/dome is getting very stiff. We have well water with limescale and I'm sure it needs to be cleaned out and/or cartridge replaced. Please see attached diagrams. From this and another diagram of a related unit i eventually realized that the set screw under a set screw cover needs to be loosened, and then the level/dome unit will come off. I loosened the set screw but can't get the level/dome off. I didn't want to break it. I assume it is stuck to the grooved spindle or spindle attachment of the cartridge. Do i just need to patiently wiggle it side to side until it easily comes off? Or do i need to unwedge it e.g. with a flathead screwdriver?

thx in advance for your help,

rohl-kitchen-faucet.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 10.00.40 AM.png

rohl-3479-parts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The faucet handle lifts up / down for volume and left/right for temperature control? If that is the case, the handle is likely attached to a square post that the set screw was touching. Some are a very tight fit and a tiny bit of corrosion holds them very tightly. wiggling back and forth with slight upward force seems like your best option.

Onyaw

Reaction score
The faucet handle lifts up / down for volume and left/right for temperature control? If that is the case, the handle is likely attached to a square post that the set screw was touching. Some are a very tight fit and a tiny bit of corrosion holds them very tightly. wiggling back and forth with slight upward force seems like your best option.
Yes, that's how it works. okay I will try wiggling with slight upward force. I just wasn't sure but there seems to be no other options - I had thought it was possible there was yet another screw underneath the set screw for actually removing it (Rohl is complicated) but I couldn't see anything and hopefully that is not the case. thx for your input

Onyaw

Reaction score
Yes, that's how it works. okay I will try wiggling with slight upward force. I just wasn't sure but there seems to be no other options - I had thought it was possible there was yet another screw underneath the set screw for actually removing it (Rohl is complicated) but I couldn't see anything and hopefully that is not the case. thx for your input
I got it off with some serious gentle force. got the lever working more smoothly now but we also noticed that it was leaking a little between the faucet (which swivels) and the piece above it. it was a little grungy in there, so I cleaned it and the bottom surface of the piece it mates with above (see new pics) in cases like this does that Teflon ring merely wear down and need to be replaced, or will I be okay with some generous silicone grease?
also is it ever the cartridge itself causes leaking (not through the faucet but in the assembly)? it was not too grungy but it doesn't look like it can be serviced only replaced. thx again.
IMG_6579 copy.jpg
IMG_6578 copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's not a set screw under the cartridge. That's actually the diverter or c7005. When doing the repair it would be ideal to change that as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks