Replacing Shower Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

DrewAltemara

Reaction score
We have two brass faucets in the shower that control hot and cold water that were installed about 15 years ago. These are in a tiled shower.

How hard is it to replace these old faucets with new ones without tearing out the tile? We are wanting to go to the brush nickle look.

I believe these are Delta fixtures. If you have to remove the tile how hard would it be just to replace the handles.

Regards,

Drew Altemara

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Replacing faucets will require opening the wall on one side or the other, but replacing handles should be a simple job if you can find the ones you want and if they will fit your existing faucets. Many hardware stores and plumbing departments have a selection of handles and other DIY accessories and parts, but you might have to look around a bit to find one with items that will work with what you already have.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

YOu can check, but I would doubt that Delta makes a brushed nickle trim for that model of valve. It is not one that the designers would normall pick for a custom bath, so there will be little if any demand for it, even if Delta should make it.

DrewAltemara

Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen. That is what I thought. I am going to see if I can find some "silver handles" that fit.

Regards,

Drew Altemara

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
What mod. Is it 1700, 1400, 1300?

I just installed new SS trim on an old 1700 valve. The new trims will fit the old valves. The new cartridge that comes with the kit won't.

The SS trim looks like brushed nickle.

Last edited:

DrewAltemara

Reaction score
Great to hear and know. I saved all my receipts when we remodeled 15 years ago with the "brass look". I'll have to look up the model number.

Thanks,

Drew Altemara

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
1500 delta faucets

I still have tons of 1500 chrome
and polishe brass trim kits laying
around .... they never go bad. ....and never spoil ....

all form the early 90s...

too bad the polished brass look
has gone downhill...

ladies are a pain in the ass when fashion and tastes change...

as far as changeing them out its a fun, fun
job sometimes.. but it usually can be don through
the front through the small space provided

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks