Replacing cartrige on Hansgrohe

Users who are viewing this thread

Alex R

Reaction score
Hi, getting information before attempting replace cartridge on 10 y old Hansgrohe ecostat 04355xx0 which start leaking recently.
I already ordered correct cartridge and have an idea how to do the job. But few things that I noticed is what I have questions.
First, when I removed the handle I noticed that it wasn't secure and wobble all over about ready to follow off. It did not have a tightening screw oj the side but only the rubber cover in that small hole for the setting screw. I was just able to pull off the handle off the cartridge . Next when I look inside the handle I noticed some end screw dangling inside , it seems like this screw supposed to be holding to end of the cartridge horizontally. I will post the picture. It seems to me it should not be there dangling like that.
I tried to unscrew 2 little screws inside the handle to look deeper but one of the screw is stripped so I hold on drilling out until I have the answer how that other screw end up there.
Thank you for reading and hopefully I'll get some ideas from you guys.
Alex

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Those tiny stainless steel allen screws are notorious for stripping, esp. when diyers have been trying.
At any rate, the allen screw is what holds the handle on and are very hard to blindly tighten...and many mfrs use the same concept.
The screws are metric threads as are the metric allen wrench needed to service them. Hansgrohe includes a free allen wrench in the original kit...

Alex R

Reaction score
Hi, getting information before attempting replace cartridge on 10 y old Hansgrohe ecostat 04355xx0 which start leaking recently.
I already ordered correct cartridge and have an idea how to do the job. But few things that I noticed is what I have questions.
First, when I removed the handle I noticed that it wasn't secure and wobble all over about ready to follow off. It did not have a tightening screw oj the side but only the rubber cover in that small hole for the setting screw. I was just able to pull off the handle off the cartridge . Next when I look inside the handle I noticed some end screw dangling inside , it seems like this screw supposed to be holding to end of the cartridge horizontally. I will post the picture. It seems to me it should not be there dangling like that.
I tried to unscrew 2 little screws inside the handle to look deeper but one of the screw is stripped so I hold on drilling out until I have the answer how that other screw end up there.
Thank you for reading and hopefully I'll get some ideas from you guys.
Alex

Alex R

Reaction score
Those tiny stainless steel allen screws are notorious for stripping, esp. when diyers have been trying.
At any rate, the allen screw is what holds the handle on and are very hard to blindly tighten...and many mfrs use the same concept.
The screws are metric threads as are the metric allen wrench needed to service them. Hansgrohe includes a free allen wrench in the original kit...
Thank you for reply. I'll try to post pictures from my desktop, so you can see what issue I am talking about. It seems I am unable to post from my phone

Alex R

Reaction score
Here the pictures. When I removed the handle from the pressure valve, it slides very easily, I did remove the setting screw using alen key but if you look inside the handle you'll notice the end of other, larger screw poking out slightly from the visible hole. I don't think it should be there, it seems like the handle adapter is diffused and stuck there. I did tried to unscrew these 2 small Philips screws to remove the part inside the handle and see if i can free the screw and adapter from there, but for my luck, one screw is frozen and stripped. I may need to drill it out. May be you can point me in the right direction.
Thank you,
Alex

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 84

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
To clarify, seeing your parts, they are not a model I've handled...so none of my prior notes apply to your part.
Hansgrohe has a kinda lifetime warranty. Contact them for replacement?

Alex R

Reaction score
To clarify, seeing your parts, they are not a model I've handled...so none of my prior notes apply to your part.
Hansgrohe has a kinda lifetime warranty. Contact them for replacement?
Thank you, will do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks