Replacing an old faucet on a concrete utility tub

Users who are viewing this thread

AdrianeS

Reaction score
The old faucet is leaking and while I could probably repair it, I'd really like to replace it with something different like the pull-down style faucet I've pictured below. I plan to restore the whole sink. The issue is the pipes are on the walls coming from above. Is there any way to make this work so I can use a different style faucet than what I have now? I'm willing to drill through the concrete if I have to!

20231028_190450.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-28 191449.png

AdrianeS

Reaction score
But what about the pipes? The supply lines would attach from below whereas my pipes come from above. I'm not sure how to make it work.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
pipe it around the sink and go under the sink . I cant see the sink or picture exactly . Im not so sure that faucet is going to look so good with that sink Id want something more Utility looking I think .
Maybe build a box against the wall and put a wall hung valve on? your vision must have a way of making it work

AdrianeS

Reaction score
pipe it around the sink and go under the sink . I cant see the sink or picture exactly . Im not so sure that faucet is going to look so good with that sink Id want something more Utility looking I think .
Maybe build a box against the wall and put a wall hung valve on? your vision must have a way of making it work
I'm not getting that faucet. I just meant to picture a different style of faucet than what I have now. Also, I'm going to clean and paint the sink so it will look much better when It's finished. Here are some more pictures of the sink, faucet, and pipes.

20231101_084851.jpg
20231101_084906.jpg
20231101_084915.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
pipe around to bottom of sink , install faucet , might require new holes in sink for new faucet. Depends how good you want it to look

AdrianeS

Reaction score
pipe around to bottom of sink , install faucet , might require new holes in sink for new faucet. Depends how good you want it to look
Honestly I'm not worried about looks. I'm more worried about functionality. It's just a basement sink. Thank you!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
put a wall mount valve on I thought you getting fancy on this . a very simple wall mount faucet for laundry !

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
central brass 0465 off amazon might work you need to verify the spout length is long enough. there could be others but you gotta say what you want the picture you supplied was odd .

AdrianeS

Reaction score
Thanks for your help! I haven't picked out the exact faucet yet but I'm thinking along the lines of something like this. The point is that any of the faucets I've been interested in all have lines that mount from below, not above. The faucet you mentioned looks exactly like what I have now and while yes, it would work, I'm looking for a different style. I'd really like something with a pull-down sprayer.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks for your help! I haven't picked out the exact faucet yet but I'm thinking along the lines of something like this. The point is that any of the faucets I've been interested in all have lines that mount from below, not above. The faucet you mentioned looks exactly like what I have now and while yes, it would work, I'm looking for a different style. I'd really like something with a pull-down sprayer.
exact faucet LOL You most certainly havent . Ive given you 3 choices maybe demo out the concrete sink and rebuild the whole area . I like the restore the old sink and put a wall hung utility faucet but if you want something fancy or a cheap plastic free standing or free standing stainless steel go for it ! its like your canvas your painting , everything I say isnt what you want, is there a budget 100 dollars a thousand ? Its not a DIY right ? ask the plumber or handy guy and bounce those opinions off us if it will help . sorry nothing so far has been of interest

AdrianeS

Reaction score
exact faucet LOL You most certainly havent . Ive given you 3 choices maybe demo out the concrete sink and rebuild the whole area . I like the restore the old sink and put a wall hung utility faucet but if you want something fancy or a cheap plastic free standing or free standing stainless steel go for it ! its like your canvas your painting , everything I say isnt what you want, is there a budget 100 dollars a thousand ? Its not a DIY right ? ask the plumber or handy guy and bounce those opinions off us if it will help . sorry nothing so far has been of interest
No, I am interested in what you've said! Sorry if it didn't seem that way. My biggest question is not about the style of faucet I'll be installing but on how best to do it. Because the sink now is mounted against the wall, I suppose the way to do this would be to run pipe around and under the sink for a deck mount faucet? And if I were to go with a wall mount faucet, I could just cut the pipes and run supply lines from them to the new faucet I assume? I'm sorry if my question wasn't clear. I just want to know the best way to install a new faucet. Most likely I'll go with a deck mount which means I'll need to drill holes through the concrete, but I'm okay with that. I will be doing this myself. I'm a pretty handy gal ;)

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
cut pipes install tees to wash/ machine with new bibs bring pipe below sink drill hole, install faucet a lot of details strapping pipes to wall etc

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks