Replace bathroom faucet with pex hookups help

Users who are viewing this thread

ubersanger

Reaction score
I am trying to replace a bathroom faucet and the plumbing is a pex set up, which I have never worked with before. When I looked at it the shut off valve it looked like I could just disconnect the supply line at the valve by just turning the nut as I would for any other hookup. However, when I try to turn the nut, I just end up turning the whole valve. Is there some trick to removing this style of connector?
1000020584.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Grab the valve to stop it from spinning and remove the upper nut from the valve.

It looks like someone uses compression stops on cpvc pipe. This in my opinion isn't great and the stops should be glued or even better they should be threded onto an adapter. Especially since your spinning them and messing with them. This is a recipe for bad things.

ubersanger

Reaction score
Thanks. I will see what I can do. I have never encountered a set up like this before and it seems really cheap and poorly done.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks