Removing Kohler shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jayw71

Reaction score
Having a low hot water pressure issue don’t seem to be able to remove this Kohler
Shower faucet.
Anyone have any experience with these?

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpeg
    IMG_0006.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 85

GeneRobichaux

Reaction score
the trim actually unscrews. Hold the tapered part below the handle. It can be hard to grab for the un-strong.
I have the exact same faucet. Unable to unscrew the trim. Using an 8in strap wrench and it will not budge. I am fairly strong….any recommendations would be appreciated? I have already put some minor scratches in the trim so wifey is not to happy….

The back two trim plates move a slight bit, but the “cone/bonnet” will not budge. Trying to make counter clockwise turn
IMG_2786.jpeg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Counterclockwise is correct. The threads are very fine and as scum may have formed a bond to cause it all to seize-up.
If you might have to use channel lock pliers which will totally wreck it, so, call Kohler and request replacement parts under their lifetime warranty.
A classically stupid design.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks