Kohler 3 Handle Shower Valve - Hot on right hand side?

Users who are viewing this thread

LCF

Reaction score
I'm replacing a broken valve in my shower with an exact replacement. The part is Kohler 303-K-NA. For some strange reason this comes with the cold on the left and hot on the right and that's incorrect. Can I just swap the existing stems? photo below.

Attachments

• 20240203_081832.jpg
    20240203_081832.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 34

GReynolds929

Reaction score
If the stems turn the way you want them to, just connect the cold pipe to the right side. Otherwise swap the cartridges.

LCF

Reaction score
I swapped the cartridges. For some reason I recall plumbers telling me the cartridges are different for hot and cold and I didn't want to have to redo the work. Thanks for the info.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
They're different if you have lever handles. CW for cold CCW for hot. Knob handles are generally both CW. Which is why I said if they currently turn the correct way there's no need to switch them. The cold sticker could have been put on wrong and the valve was actually assembled correctly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks