Remodel of small bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

DinoM

Reaction score
Planning to remodel a small (~5o sq ft) bathroom. Current configuration has the tub at the end of the room (alcove) with the toilet and the sink facing each other on opposite sides. Standing at the bathroom door looking inside, the toilet is on the right side of the room, and a pedestal sink is on the left side.

I thought about moving the sink to the other side of the room beside the toilet to free up space and give me more room opposite the toilet. However, the vent stack is tied into the sink drain. Would moving the sink cause a problem or just need a reconfiguration of the drain line? The tub drain is on the left side as well, and the drain for the tub and sink flow into the toilet drain (I can hear the water drain under the toilet whenever water drains from the tub or sink).

There is a crawlspace under the bathroom, but it is pretty tight, especially with the plumbing and drain lines.

I was planning on moving the sink, but wonder if the vent/drain configuration would be a problem, or a lot more expensive. Now I'm thinking of leaving things as they are and getting a small vanity that is only about 11" deep to replace the pedestal sink, which would give me a lot more room between the sink and toilet.

Thoughts and/or suggestions?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks