Rat in toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
When I was kid, like 12 or 13, we had a house with a toilet in the basement. Rats would swim up into it, once a year or so, generally in the spring, or after heavy rains. No big deal, they can't climb out, the porcelain's too slippery. After awhile, they drown. You don't have to wait for them to drown, though, to flush them.

Try telling that to my mom! She found the first one, still alive. Ran out, closing the door, put a big note on the bathroom door for me & went out. I got home from school, it had drowned, I flushed it... She never used that bathroom again, ever after, for as long as we lived in that house.

Cookie

Reaction score
Move all breakables away
Tie rope to dumb bell
Load .22
Pull rope & weight off
Wait.......and open fire

warofthecats-vi.gif

I love that picture!

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Did you mean idea¿ Cuz it's not my image. ;)

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 200 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

This is why the animated GIF doesn't work.

warofthecats-vi[1]
95.8 KB (98,109 bytes)

halfpint

Reaction score
Website
www.uk-pest.co.uk
toilet

Flush the toilet until you dont hear the rat thrashing about he sill eventually swim back down the pipes. god knows why he would of wanted to swim up the pipe against the flow of waste must of been pretty hard and not a very nice experiance if that doesnt work i would either phone a pest controller to take it away or kill it or wait for your husband to come home :)

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Flush the toilet until you dont hear the rat thrashing about he sill eventually swim back down the pipes. god knows why he would of wanted to swim up the pipe against the flow of waste must of been pretty hard and not a very nice experiance if that doesnt work i would either phone a pest controller to take it away or kill it or wait for your husband to come home :)

I'm pretty sure that rat isn't there anymore. The original post was months ago....

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh do not worry rats are cute and harmless little fellows. They just want to be your friend. They got a real bad rap when that movie "Ben" came out back in 1972.

I thought the move was Willard released in 1971? :rolleyes:
You of all people should have your rat history down pat!

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Yeah! No one brought up semi-automatic weapons. Good way to replace pulverized crapper with a Toto!

S

solace

What do I do? There is a rat in our basement toilet, NOW. My husband is not home and I have a ten pound dumbbell on the lid. :eek:

If you think that having a mouse problem is bad, think again. Rat removal can be a much bigger problem to handle…literally. Rats are bigger than most mice, and can carry an array of diseases that can be extremely harmful. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov) there are 6 common diseases that are caused by rats including Salmonella, and Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS). Not only do rats spread disease-they can also spread fleas (which are extremely hard to get rid of without a professional Pest control expert). Because of these risks, you must seek the help of a pest control company to come and take care of the problem. Another key to point out is rats are also dangerous. Rats are versatile and can live virtually anywhere. They can chew through just about everything, and can actually destroy things in your home and cause electrical fires. They ruin your food, and contaminate your belongings. Trying to remove rats can be dangerous because they do bite. This is where a trained professional will able to use his knowledge to get the rats removed. The rat removal will be done in a safe manner because the professional will be able to handle all the issues safely and affectively.

Reference:
fort worth pest control

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks