Question about the quality of Myers pumps

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Does anyone have any personal experience or anecdotal stories about the quality of Myers pumps? I've been looking at this Myers 2S102-25-P4, but I don't know if this pump will last 10 years or 10 weeks. Is it worth the $740 they want for it?

Thanks for the help.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
For the last ten years or more Pentair as been buying into companies that have to do with all kinds of water products. I find they offer good quality products with a good history. I would not hesitate on buying this pump. I would buy any pump from a local dealer because you may need service or parts one day. Buying online may seem to be better or less costly but it can be more of a hassle to fix if things don't work out.

https://www.pentair.com/en-us/produ...ll-pumps.html&indexName=prod_pentair_products

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Those Stainless Steel Myers or Pentair pumps are good because they are a copy of a Grundfos. I do not like Pentair/Myers plastic impeller pumps as they are "floating stage" type pumps which make impellers drag and pull higher amps than the "floating stack" type Stainless Steel impeller pumps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks