Air Duct Cleaning: To Do or Not to Do?

Users who are viewing this thread

sajesak

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been contemplating whether I should get my air ducts cleaned, but I'm feeling a bit uncertain about it. Can anyone share their experiences or insights on the matter?

How often should it be done? And most importantly, does it make a significant difference in air quality and HVAC performance?

I've heard mixed opinions, and I want to make an informed decision.

Also, if anyone has recommendations for reputable duct cleaning services or DIY methods,

I'd greatly appreciate it.

sajesak

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been contemplating whether I should get my air ducts cleaned, but I'm feeling a bit uncertain about it. Can anyone share their experiences or insights on the matter?

How often should it be done? And most importantly, does it make a significant difference in air quality and HVAC performance?

I've heard mixed opinions, and I want to make an informed decision.

Also, if anyone has recommendations for reputable duct cleaning services or DIY methods,
i also found a result on air duct cleaning https://unitedhomeservices.com/air-duct-cleaning/arlington-tx/
I'd greatly appreciate it.
thanks in advance for any help

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Unless you have had a breach/intrusion of your ducts by ,say, rodents, there is NO need to clean ducts. You can google search “duct cleaning EPA” and will see confirmation of what I know to be true. A good pleated filter in the system is worthwhile.
Any residual dirt in ducts stays put, so not disturbing is preferable. You certainly can find duct cleaners in the marketplace but for normal duct conditions, it is just nonsense to clean ducts.

Storm rider

Slave to rentals
Reaction score
I agree with Breplum. I've always used high quality 90-95% efficiency air filters and never needed a duct cleaned.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks