Purchasing a house and dont understand this plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Dmartin411

Reaction score
I am purchasing this house and not dont understand this run. I am an elevator mechanic and not a plumber. They house had a bathroom in the basement but the drains are capped off. Also the stack seems to have been repaired with a pvc Y going out the side wall to what appears to be a vent? In the basement pic you can see the pvc pipe with the old pipe in the basement floor capped. What is this? Why would the disconnnect it from the floor and shoot it out the side of the basement at head height? You can also see the pipe on the outside pic with just a 90 facing down. Was this a vent going through the basement floor? House was built in 1967

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240204_003720_Zillow.jpg
    Screenshot_20240204_003720_Zillow.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20240204_003703_Zillow.jpg
    Screenshot_20240204_003703_Zillow.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 39

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Frankly, too grainy on the photos, but, no real way to evaluate anyway. clearly the main drains go straight out, so, home inspector may have some interpretation.
Make sure there is a clean out on the other side of the wall.. an indoor clean out is nice, but a real mess if there is a clog downstream.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks