Proper priming and layout procedures

Users who are viewing this thread

catldavis

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm installing a vertical deep well pump. I have the pump attached to the casing and the pump wired. I've never installed a pump before, so I'm a little nervous that I might create a catastrophic failure. When I read the pump manuals for the proper start up procedure, one says to open all the faucets in the home and another stated don't. They both start with removing the pressure gauge, close regulator valve and pour water through the pump. Reinstall the gauge and start the pump. My question is, should spigots/faucets be open or closed as the pump is trying to pump? FloTec's manual says: NOTICE: Open water system faucets before priming pump for the first time. Goulds manual doesn't say anything about opening the faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks