Pressure reducing valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Heyjoe

Reaction score
I just discovered that my home PRV has failed.Should I turn off my water until it’s fixed.

I had a toilet supply line fail and it didn’t seem right. so I checked the water pressure. The pressure is 110 Psi and everything is copper pipe, The PRV valve, well out of sight out of mind. I should have changed it 10 years ago. It was 28 years old. Obviously the copper pipe can take the pressure, but not sure what about appliances. I read on-line that they should handle 120psi.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
take care of it over the weekend no hurry . If you have a bunch of old supply lines and toilets with old fill valves 20 year old wash machine hoses etc. then you are taking chances anyway

Heyjoe

Reaction score
Thanks, I will be changing all those other lines. I foolishly thought replacing toilet lines every 5 years was a sales gimmick.Now I see how much damage can happen even when you are at home and catch it quickly, had I been away it would have been thousands of dollars in water damage replacing sections of a hardwood floor below the bathroom along with tearing out and repairing drywall and repainting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks