Porcher Veneto 97120 tank overfills--?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jane Shallow

Reaction score
I replaced the piston assembly #3 a few years ago and just now the gasket #4 and the membrane in the water control assembly #2. All appears to be leak free and all is flushing well. However, now the water filling the tank won't shut off and overflows. It must be the water control assembly but I don't know how to correct this. Did I make a mistake with the membrane? Can anyone help me?

Also, a cautionary tale. The plumber who installed this toilet--lo those many years ago--warned me the European parts wouldn't hold up due to the chlorine in our water and he was right. The American Standard in my other bathroom has had the flapper replaced once in 20 years and that is its only repair. The Porcher is on it's fourth repair, the parts are more expensive and harder to find, (Guillens is a good option) and finally both finding and replacing the toilet seat is frustrating, impossible, and you need to be a contortionist to install anything you do find, which will be a bad fit.

Thanks everybody, and especially Terry Love for this forum.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/veneto_parts_3362.pdf

porcher-veneto-parts-01.jpg

KenCo

Reaction score
I replaced the piston assembly #3 a few years ago and just now the gasket #4 and the membrane in the water control assembly #2. All appears to be leak free and all is flushing well. However, now the water filling the tank won't shut off and overflows. It must be the water control assembly but I don't know how to correct this. Did I make a mistake with the membrane? Can anyone help me?

Also, a cautionary tale. The plumber who installed this toilet--lo those many years ago--warned me the European parts wouldn't hold up due to the chlorine in our water and he was right. The American Standard in my other bathroom has had the flapper replaced once in 20 years and that is its only repair. The Porcher is on it's fourth repair, the parts are more expensive and harder to find, (Guillens is a good option) and finally both finding and replacing the toilet seat is frustrating, impossible, and you need to be a contortionist to install anything you do find, which will be a bad fit.

Thanks everybody, and especially Terry Love for this forum.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/veneto_parts_3362.pdf

porcher-veneto-parts-01.jpg
Jane,
After a year and a half I suspect you have solved this problem. So have I. I found this post trying to figure out how the water level adjustment is made since all the parts appear to be fixed. After having replaced the flush piston and the control membrane the water was overfilling. After no luck on the Internet (Yours is the only entry found), I studied the parts carefully. There are no adjustments in the float mechanics. The only piece that is 'adjustable' is the piece of foam that creates the float. Very carefully I twisted it and discovered that it is threaded. A few clockwise twists lowered it sufficiently to lower the water fill level.
Another issue I had was that I took off the flush valve assembly and had a heck of a time getting it put back on. My hands aren't the smallest; but someone with smaller hands would have an easier time. Putting my hand through the lower valve housing and gently holding the giant plastic nut against the bottom of the plastic tank I was able to eventually get the lower valve housing screwed back on.
Also, after all this the push button flush was sticking and not working properly at all. Everything 'looked' correct; but no. I ended up emptying the plastic tank of water and moving it around and testing the button until all was fine. I then filled the tank and tested a few times.
Hope this helps someone... Only time will tell. And they, and possibly, a loved one may be the only one who know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks