Poly pipe for drinking water

Users who are viewing this thread

wiley8192

Reaction score
Hello,

I just brought a municipal water service into my basement and need to get from 3/4" female NPT on output of backflow valve to other side of basement into 3/4" male NPT end soldered to copper cold water main line.

I was thinking I would use ipex pipe with colored stripe and NPT to barb fittings to make the transition. Is this a good method? I have to get about 20-25 feet across the unfinished basement probably running along the ceiling.

I have 100' of 75psi rated white stripe poly but they don't advertise it as drinking water safe...but if I buy the red stripe 75psi it is cold potable water certified. I wonder what the difference is? Can I use my white stripe?

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks