Pittsburgh Pipe Wrenches Any Good?

Users who are viewing this thread

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
TomBrooklyn said:
I measured the riser and it's 2.25" OD so I guess that's a 2" pipe. I think the main horizontal main is 3". I'm not sure how a plumber would fix that tee if it broke, but I have an arc welder and could weld a piece back in. How would a plumber normally go about replacing a 3x2 tee that broke in the middle of a steam line anyway?

For 100 year old pipe?
I'd quote a price for complete replacement.
If my competitor is willing to get the job by quoting a "simple" fix, hats off to him.
Steele that old is almost a guarantee to break with torque, I learned some hard lessons about getting the job by giving customers what they want to hear.
If that 3" were to break, there's a strong likelyhood there's not enough solid material left to cut and thread it.
Also, threading anything over 2" is a major task, you need special adaptors with a standard threading machine...nevermind trying to thread it in place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks