[pics] I replumbed my toilet drain and didn't do a perfect job making it level. Should I redo it?

Users who are viewing this thread

sagrr

Reaction score
I'm not great with the PVC joins.
imgur link

GRzIeEE.jpg

WVOrxAP.jpg

I'm thinking that the wax ring or this thing that I might use, would eat up my error. Do you think I'm okay or I should redo the whole thing? Should I just heat gun it and bend it a bit?

Reach4

Reaction score
Close enough I expect, even with a glued flange. A better measure would be how much gap do you get to the level when the level is held level? Not all levels have the same "sensitivity". https://www.leveldevelopments.com/sensitivity-explained/

Is that 3 inch or 4 inch?

If you are wanting a perfectly level ring, and that is 4 inch, I suspect Genova Products 75158S would let the ring sit flat on the floor.

Actually, you were supposed to use a banded coupler, rather than a flex coupler there. Even with the flex, you could't push that closet bend down a bit to level?

Last edited:

sagrr

Reaction score
Close enough I expect, even with a glued flange. A better measure would be how much gap do you get to the level when the level is held level? Not all levels have the same "sensitivity". https://www.leveldevelopments.com/sensitivity-explained/

Will measure and report after work.

Is that 3 inch or 4 inch?

3 inch

If you are wanting a perfectly level ring, and that is 4 inch, I suspect Genova Products 75158S would let the ring sit flat on the floor.

awesome! Didn't know about that product

Actually, you were supposed to use a banded coupler, rather than a flex coupler there. Even with the flex, you could't push that closet bend down a bit to level?

It is kind of banded. It's as pushed as I'm comfortable. Although I could totally turn it for the horizontal direction. Is it ok to loosen it to do that?

UKzPINk.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
It is kind of banded. It's as pushed as I'm comfortable.
I did not understand that.
Although I could totally turn it for the horizontal direction. Is it ok to loosen it to do that?
It is OK to loosen a clamp, make an adjustment, and then tighten the clamp back up. If you measure torque, the tightening torque spec is usually 5 ft-lbs. Some read 60 inch-lbs as ft-lbs by mistake.

Incidentally, your unbanded couplings are fine if they are to get buried.

Genova Products 75158S is a 4-inch.

Note that instead of using a 3 inch elbow, you could use a 4 in. x 3 in. PVC 90 Degree closet bend. That is 3 inch at the bottom, and it widens out to take a 4 inch. Then you can use a 4 inch closet flange.

Last edited:

sagrr

Reaction score
I might be getting confused between banded and shielded. I was saying there’s a shield type thing that adds structure banded by the middle 2 out of the 4 “bands(?)”

Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
I might be getting confused between banded and shielded. I was saying there’s a shield type thing that adds structure banded by the middle 2 out of the 4 “bands(?)”
Same, I think.

I am used to seeing the metal band/shield as stainless steel, and your coupling looks black in photos.

sagrr

Reaction score
if you look closely at that last pic I attached, you can see the stainless steel. It just doesnt go under all 4 bands.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks