Pegasus shower handle removal

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing a cartridge in a single lever shower handle due to a slow drip from the shower head. I realized there is a cap on the front of the handle that allows access to a screw. I removed the screw but it does not seem like this allows for the handle to pull-off? I do not see any small screws or anything else holding the handle on.

Attachments

• 1298EF5A-7BBA-4369-B60A-793F9B4573F3.jpeg
    1298EF5A-7BBA-4369-B60A-793F9B4573F3.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 889

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The handle may just be stuck tightly to the stem, OR, you may have to unscrew the "dome" under the handle and the handle will remove with it. No way to tell for sure until you try pulling HARD on the handle.

Kenneth Lee

Reaction score
I am also in the process of replacing the cartridge and diverter for a 2006 Pegasus shower valve. I unscrewed the handle but cannot remove the stem which is stopping me from unscrewing the cone. I pulled hard on the stem but it won't budge, no set screw either. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Attachments

• Shower Valve.JPG
    Shower Valve.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 846
  • Pegasus handle stem.jpg
    Pegasus handle stem.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,041

Kenneth Lee

Reaction score
Update: I had to saw the cartridge stem off before I can remove the cone and replace the cartridge. Then soaked the sawn off piece in calcium, lime remover solution, screwed a screw into the portion of the valve stem still stuck to the handle and tapped it out with a small hammer so that the handle can be reused.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks