Outdoor kitchen

Users who are viewing this thread

Sponger76

Reaction score
Hey all,

Built an outdoor kitchen on my deck and included a built in grill and sink. I used yellow covered copper because I had planned to bury the pipe. I have it run underneath the deck and out to an rv dual tank setup that auto-diverts once a tank empties. My question is this...
My 500 gallon propane tank is like 15 feet away, so I had considered hooking into the tank. Few things. 1). Now that I might hook into the tank, the copper will end up short. Is it possible to use a coupling (brass?) And add more of the yellow coated copper? 2). My propane tank has a single stage regulator and there is a 2 stage regulator in between the tank and the furnace. Is it possible to tap into this line after the regulator and run that to the grill? I am having a hard time trying to figure out pressures and water column, etc.
Ps: If the above mentioned is possible, I am going to get a gas timer valve to help remember shutting off the flow to the grill.

Thanks

Sponger76

Reaction score
Ok, that's enough for me lol. I will just stick to 20lb tanks. Thanks for the info