Outdoor faucet leaking at wall

Users who are viewing this thread

leodai

Reaction score
Hi, I have an outdoor frost free faucet like the picture shown below. I live in Canada, so I have this type of faucet. When I turn on this faucet, I found leaking on the wall (like the picture shown below), but all other parts have no leaking. When I turn off the faucet, the leaking is stopped.
I also checked the parts inside the house, like the second picture shown below. I found no leaking no matter whether the faucet is on or off.
Any thoughts what might be the issue for this case?
Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 8.55.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 8.59.22 AM.png

Reach4

Reaction score
Typically this would be caused by you not removing the hose before deep-freezing weather. The valve does not drain out. That copper tube cracks, and lets water out when the valve is opened.

Are you sure it is not the "vacuum breaker"/"antisiphon valve" leaking, and the water drops outside of the valve to where you see it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks