Orange build-up on showertile grout

Users who are viewing this thread

Bgtluv14

Reaction score
Humm, seems like my original suggestion!

Try this:
1/2 gal. white vinegar
1/2 gal. hydrogen peroxide-common peroxide available from your *********
1 cup boric acid
Mix well - use in a spray bottle on a dry surface. Shake well and spray area well. The vinegar/peroxide kills active live mold and the boric acid keeps them that way.
Keep this solution in a bottle that can be capped off tight.

The hydrogen peroxide acts like a bleach. The boric acid (weak) shreds the cell wall of the mold, allowing the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide to then kill it.

The hassle with this particular mold is that it grows a slimy covering, so some scrubbing is required.

THANK YOU Jadnashua!!! Your solution is the only thing that works in my bathroom. Prior to your solution I tried every cleaner/bleach and got nothing. I originally tried your solution in a regular spray bottle and it kept getting clogged because of the boric acid clogging the sprayer. As a result I purchased a Chapin bleach & disinfectant 1 gallon sprayer and I was able to complete the job. Thank you for sharing and thank you for saving my sanity. Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!! Betty :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks