What is causing the tile grout to turn black ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ron_100

Reaction score
Hello - Looking for some advice on our relatively new shower. It's approx. 6 months old, this was a new construction home. Over the last 2 months or so we have noticed some of the floor tiles have what appears to be thinnest or mortar poking through the grout ? We see a little bit more every week and wondering what might be causing this ?

The grout used was Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA.

We also have some cracked grout in the corner by the glass door. The builder said they would regret the problem areas but I'm wondering if there isn't a bigger issue here.

We only use Dawn Power Shot soap to clean the floors and walls. After using the shower we have a small Vornado fan and we let that run for 30 minutes to thoroughly dry the shower.

Is this a major issue with the grout and floor ?

Thanks for helping !
IMG_7715.jpg
IMG_7716.jpg
IMG_7717.jpg
IMG_7717.jpg
IMG_7718.jpg
IMG_7719.jpg
IMG_7720.jpg
IMG_7719.jpg

Ron_100

Reaction score
Thank you, folks. I really appreciate it and I will bring this to the builder.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks