odor

Users who are viewing this thread

sbradj

Reaction score
my neighbor has been gone for most of the summer, she returned home this past weekend, we live in a small community and all have wells. Today she informed me that her Hot water smells like urine. We have iron water in most parts here and some that isnt as bad as others. I was wondering what would cause this odor in her water?

Speedbump

Reaction score
Tell her to run it at all faucets for at least half an hour. See if that makes it get better. It may just be an over population of bacteria. I never heard of water smelling like urine before, so this is all new to me.

bob...

Raucina

Reaction score
You are smelling hydrogen sulfide, a well known product of reactions with the anode rod inside all water heaters if the unit is not used for a period of time.

BUT hey! me no pro according to our Pro's here, but they no know that!

sbradj

Reaction score
Ive been researching on the net, and both bacteria and H2S is the only relation I seem to have come up with. Thanks to both of you.

Another question If I may, She seems to be pointing fingers towards my horse and goats to be the blame for the smell she has in her water, I know that is just silly. but, is her complaint. are there laws that deal with this issue? how would I go about finding them?

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Another question If I may, She seems to be pointing fingers towards my horse and goats to be the blame for the smell she has in her water, I know that is just silly. but, is her complaint. are there laws that deal with this issue? how would I go about finding them?
Is her cold water smelly too? Probably not.

Get a water test kit and have her incoming water tested. I would also have her test it so she knows the test is true.

I have found nobody wants to think it is there own fault and will waste huge amounts of time looking to blame anybody. It really depends on the person but you could show her all the info you have and have her water tested and she might still blame your animals. Good Luck

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Raucina said:
pretty hard to find a test for goat urine in this area
LOL
good one but the test will prove that there is no animal piss or poop in her water if she wants him to pay or something else.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
I've seen some incredibly well trained animals, but this would take the cake.
Cats that pee in toilets yup.
Dogs that open doors yup.
Apes that do sign language even yup.
Goats that find a way to pee in water tanks, get it on Yootube, this I gotta see.

Cookie

Reaction score
A match and a gallon of gas will eliminate the odor.

Just like she stated in her other post.

Last edited by a moderator: