Odd leak from edge of end of bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

pineapple.express

Reaction score
Hello, the edge of the end of my bathtub leaks when I am about 3 minutes in the shower. The faucet is on the opposite side. What could be causing this? I had someone take a look at it today but could not figure out where the leak is coming from. The odd thing is there was no leak when we had water running from the showerhead for 5 minutes but it started to leak when I took a shower hours after testing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
1000068283.png

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
leak at valve or tub spout. Was the "someone came look at it " a plumber ? if not wrong guy came . are you interested in DIY repairs ?

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Water is sneaking in somewhere behind the tiles. It may be prevented from running out at the bottom
of the tiles due to the caulk bead, so flowing along the tub rim until it can exit at that corner. I've enountered
this many times. Most tub rims I've seen are not conducive to good water drainage, and the caulking at
the bottom just makes things worse.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks