Noisy at well head

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Doesn't sound good. Lol! Sorry for your problem but will need a bit more to help. Does it make that noise when the pump is off or only when on? Does the pump shut off? A clip around amp meter reading would also be helpful.

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
Doesn't sound good. Lol! Sorry for your problem but will need a bit more to help. Does it make that noise when the pump is off or only when on? Does the pump shut off? A clip around amp meter reading would also be helpful.

Only when the pump is running.

I haven’t put an ammeter on it but I have an electric usage monitor and I think it draws about 1000 watts when running (at 240v).

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A 1000 watts is only 4.1 amps. That is a little low even for a 1/2HP. Low amps and rattling pump usually mean the pump is worn out and the shaft is vibrating. Sorry.

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
Okay, I can pull the pump and replace it.

I don't know anything about the pump (size/type) or the well (depth).

It would be nice to have a new pump ready. Possible, or do I have no choice but to pull the pump first?

Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks