New Well

Users who are viewing this thread

Robroy

Reaction score
Hello, this is my 1st well experience, hope I am not in too deep. I have driven a 2" sand point 48' into the gound (2" galvinized steel pipe). Plan on going 5' to 10' deeper. Hit water at 29'. Talked with a pump supplier who advised I need a $630.00 pump, adapter, packer, tank, fitting kit, switch, pres. release, etc. about $1450.00. Does this sound about right? Are there less expensive options. I do want a good solid well & pump. Just curious about a ball park figure for a quality system. Are there any deep well packer systems that you would recommend for residential use over others? Intended use is for alternative irrigation water source only. Well is about 100' from house. Any advantages to 115 vs 230 v system? Thanks for your time. - Robroy

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
If all you're doing is pumping water into sprinklers, you don't need to build a full-fledged water supply. You still want a deep-well jet pump, which will use a packer setup. The pressure tank can be a tiny one, because it will be within your power to create irrigation water demand that will match what the pump is supplying. You can probably save a couple of bucks with a pump set to use 230 volts, because it can be supplied by a smaller gauge of power wire.

R

Rancher

I've run a submersible pump off of a generator before, I had one hose bib at the well head, ran 150' 5/8" hose to my building site, ran two rain bird sprinklers off of that... I guess I was lucky, didn't know I needed a full blown system.

Rancher

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You did not have a faucet. If someone had closed a faucet on your system, you would not have been so lucky. Also needs the full blown system if he wants to open a faucet when he wants water, and close the faucet when no water is needed. There are all kinds of ways you can manually operate a system but, if you want it automatic and with faucets, you need a system that will let you do that.

R

Rancher

I agree if you want it automatic, i.e. water on demand you need all the other stuff. I guess someone (illegal alien) could have shut off the faucet (hose bib), however the illegals normally just leave them open and drain your tank dry.

Rancher

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
How far down is the water standing in the well? That and the pump-down level will determine what kind of pump you need.

Robroy

Reaction score
Water level is at 29 ft. Has stayed there since I began. Well depth is now 49 ft. Quoted pump is F&W 1 HP Vert pump - up to 50 PSI - VS210P