Need to replace one-piece fiberglass shower/tub unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Suceress

Reaction score
Are you going to take a photo of the artwork before closing the wall?
I hadn't thought about that but I think I will. I also am thinking of leaving a message in a bottle inside the wall.
looks like the space for the tub might still need furring to allow the wall covering to lay flat
Yeah. I will have to shim more and adjust when I dry fit the cement board. Today I put on 2 coats of mapei aquadefense on the edges of the bottom back wall cement board piece.
Some of my tape slipped so I will have to put it back in place. I still have one more edge to coat once it is completely dry and I am able to flip it over.

I might need to get help. I had a very hard time getting the board into the tub by myself as my left arm is giving me trouble. I still don't have full mobility back (Its very possible I might never regain it) and the muscles keep knotting up and not wanting to cooperate with moving and lifting.

I almost hurt myself just trying to get the lid off the aquadefense. LOL.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks