Shower handle needs extension

Users who are viewing this thread

MPGI

Reaction score
Good morning,
We had a walk-in tub installed and the shower handle does not extend far enough away from the wall for water to fall into the tub area. Currently, the shower water hits the shelf between the wall and the tub and get all over the place. Even at an extreme angle, water still hits the shelf. I realize the shower attachment was intended for someone to sit in the tub and rinse off, but my mother likes to stand and shower too. The wife doesn't like my idea of using a 2x4 as a spacer between the wall and the sliding, vertical bracket. Any ideas for some sort of extender piece where the shower head attaches? I need about four (4) inches of extension. An image is attached.

Attachments

• IMG_3764 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3764 - Copy.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 25

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
try build . com a division of ferguson actually call them on phone or a plumbing showroom

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That isn't how that is supposed to be installed. The hose isn't long enough or designed to be installed as a full height shower. You will have water leaking down through the hole and likely around the tub itself if it hasn't been sealed to deal with standing water on the top. We are just installing a walk in tub with handheld and I read in their instructions (only glanced at it because we only installed the handheld as intended) that if the handheld was going to be installed on a cradle above the tub, then it had to be installed with a fixed placement at the tub and a longer hose from that fixed point.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks